Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vegan MoFo: Where the heart is...

In celebration of my "inter-employment" break, I've flown to Florida to enjoy the warm weather and family holiday. My mama and I are off to a good start: a visit to her community garden, a nice long walk, shoe shopping, and lovely dinner. We've been setting the menu for Thanksgiving, and the master shopping list is ready for our pilgrimage to Whole Foods tomorrow. All that food-talk got me in the mood for something sweet, and luckily my mom had bought these treats from the farmers' market. They're made by local celebrity, Chef Brooke. She has a cozy little cafe that focuses on clean eatin' called... (are you ready?)... Chef Brooke's Natural Cafe.

Pumpkin Muffin with Marshmallow Raisin Topping
My mom's house has better photo props, like this cute little pumpkin guy that our Japanese friend Kazuko glazed and fired for us. Ah, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment