After an hour of pilating, this was my healthy, wealthy, and wise lunch. It's a result of asking myself "what in this house can I Vita-Mix (v.) that isn't for Thanksgiving?" The result:
Low-Fat Cauliflower Alfreda Sauce
- 1 lb frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy "milk"
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 scant tsp onion powder
- 1 scant tsp garlic powder
- 1 T. white miso
- 2 T. nutritional yeast
- Cracked black pepper
- Cook your cauliflower per package. I quickly blanched mine. Don't boil the hell out of it, or you'll destroy it's nutritiony goodness. Drain when done.
- Place milk,cauliflowers, and remaining ingredients in Vita-Mix.
- Turn that baby on, and oh my god it's amazing.