Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vegan MoFo: It was only a matter of time...

...before I was another vegan gone gaga for Vita-Mix. You may remember my former post: SOS, Send Vita-Mix. Well, the Vita-Mix didn't come to me, so I went to the Vita-Mix. In addition to awesome photo props, my mom also has fabulous cooking appliances. I guess some people come to Florida for the sunshine and beaches, but I come to rave about the awesome food blogging opportunities. Nerd alert.


 After an hour of pilating, this was my healthy, wealthy, and wise lunch. It's a result of asking myself "what in this house can I Vita-Mix (v.) that isn't for Thanksgiving?" The result:

Low-Fat Cauliflower Alfreda Sauce
  • 1 lb frozen cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy "milk"
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 scant tsp onion powder
  • 1 scant tsp garlic powder
  • 1 T. white miso
  • 2 T. nutritional yeast
  • Cracked black pepper
  1. Cook your cauliflower per package. I quickly blanched mine. Don't boil the hell out of it, or you'll destroy it's nutritiony goodness. Drain when done.
  2. Place milk,cauliflowers, and remaining ingredients in Vita-Mix. 
  3. Turn that baby on, and oh my god it's amazing. 
You can eat as soup, but I had some leftover soba and ate it as an alfreda sauce, sprinkled (in my case, sloppily) with paprika. A twist of lemon might be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment