Friday, November 19, 2010

Vegan MoFo: A day in the park

Since resigning from my job, I have time on my hands to do fun things like picnic with my friends in the park. Today's blog post is brought to you by yesterday's lovely lunch.

My dear friend Kimber and her four year-old daughter Harper are my closest vegan friends here in Maryland. Kimber was an inspiration when I first transitioned to veganism. She's one of the birth center nurses, and we would stay up late nights with laboring moms, talking about veganism or looking through whatever wonderful cookbook she'd brought. She also seemed to never come to work without some sort of delicious homemade vegan treat. There were a lot of long nights made better by vegan cookies. She was a great support when I decided to give up my sinful ways and come over to the lighter side.



She made the tempeh pecan salad from I Eat Trees, and I contributed a bottle of sake. We packed it all up and headed to the park for a lovely lunch in the crisp fall air.


(Thanks so much to my amazing and inspiring friend Kimber for sharing lunch with me and taking these photos! Check out her blog: Vegan Hippie Mama.)

1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest! I'm thankful for you Lady! Long live the turkeys indeed!!! Thanks for hanging out with us! : )

    ReplyDelete