Roasted Tomato Chickie Pea Soup
- About 4 large tomatoes, roughly diced
- Medium onion, sliced into half moons
- A few cloves garlic, minced
- Herbs of your choice, fresh is best (oregano, basil, rosemary, etc.)
- Sprinkle of kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1 cup soft-cooked chickpeas, or just canned peas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broth
Preheat oven to 425. Line a roasting pan with foil, and layer in the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and herbs. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Roast at 425 until the tomatoes have released their juice and onions are very soft.
Let cool a bit, and then place roasted mixture in blender with chickpeas and broth. Blend until well combined and at your desired texture.
Warm on stove in a saucepan, and serve with cracked black pepper.
Serves 4. Nutritional info: 113 calories, 23 g carbs, 4.5 g fiber, 0.5 g sugar, 4.5 g protein.