Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baking Bonanza

When I was in nursing school, they told us that the only healthy coping mechanism is altruism. Helping others. I think I found another healthy mechanism for coping through stress: baking. (Nothing is terribly wrong, just life changes.) I'm a baking machine these days, and with the only fully functional oven still being down in the basement, it's not as bad to do some summer baking.


Above are zucchinni spelt muffins from Vegan Brunch and carrot cake muffin/cupcakies from VegWeb.

I haven't worked with spelt before and enjoyed working with it-- less gluten so less risk of over mixing. Isa warns of a "health-foody" taste, but I didn't have that problem.

Other recent forays in the baking department include Fat Free Vegan's Can't Be Beet Chocolate Cake (nuuuumm) and her Berries and Spice Muffins.

All this baking is more than I can eat, so if you're local here: look out. Baked goods coming your way.

(Photos by Kev. Thanks, Kev. Eat up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment